Recent successes worth mentioning for CIE staff:
- Dr Christa Beckmann was successful in receiving $10,000 funding from the recent PVC’s support for early career researchers (ECR Equipment Bid 2015). The money will be used for PIT-tag System (for fast, easy and reliable identification of individual study animals), PIT-tag readers, tags and applicators.
- Dr Daniel Ierodiaconou was awarded the 2015 Victorian Seafood Industry Award for Research, Development and Extension sponsored by the FRDC. The 2015 Victorian Seafood Awards showcase the Victorian seafood industry, its value to the state’s economy, its professionalism and commitment to supplying some of the finest seafood in the world whilst also celebrating and encouraging industry participants. Winners were selected from a high calibre of nominees representing all sectors of Victoria’s seafood and fishing industry including individuals and businesses that are involved in research, development and training. Winners of each category will also proceed to the national awards competition to be hosted in Perth in October.
- Dr Matthew Symonds was successful in securing the following grant: J Gardner, L Kruuk, L Joseph and M Symonds: Effects of climate change on avian morphology – Centre for Biodiversity Analysis Ignition Project Grant $10k.
- Dr Alastair Baylis was successful in securing $32K from Winnifred Violet Scott and $13K from the National Geographic.
- Dr Euan Ritchie secured $20,555 from the Crowdfunding Campaign “The Big Roo Count”. Euan has also been awarded a research contract with DELWP ‘Testing effects of fire on mammalian abundance and associated habitat in the southern mallee parks’ for a value of $40,000, and eventually was also successful in the ARC Linkage ‘Pyroherbivory and the nexus between Aboriginal fire mosaics and kangaroos’ ($394k, not DU lead).
Congratulations to all!