DATE: Friday, 13th September 2019
LOCATION: Melbourne Campus at Burwood – Burwood Corporate Centre
Seminar will also be video linked to the following campuses: Geelong Campus at Waurn Ponds – room ka4.207 and Warrnambool Campus, Room J2.19 (Fishbowl)
Over the last years I have been working with a group of herpetologists and ecologists to document and map the diversity of all the world’s reptile species. Despite reptile numbers growing by ~200 species annually we have recently managed to obtain a rough draft of the ranges of some 99% of the world’s 11,000 or so species, and are now working hard to further improve it.
I will explain how we have done this, what needs to be taken with a largish grain of salt, and what scientific and conservation projects we are using these data for nowadays, or aim to use them for in the near future.
PhD: Tel Aviv University, postdoc: Imperial College London, now: Assoc. Prof. at Tel Aviv University, and on a sabbatical in Monash for a year.
Appointments with speaker may be made via email@example.com.
For more info: http://shaimeirilab.weebly.com/lab-members.html.
External visitors – wish to join us and connect to our seminars?
External parties may connect to the live seminar via *N SEBE VMP LES Seminars firstname.lastname@example.org [ID.36958] via the methods listed below:
- For external guests, you can connect as a web guest by clicking HERE. If using Chrome you it will prompt you to install the Cisco Jaba Plugin, then it will prompt you to download the extension which you will need to install. Once this has been installed, you will have a black screen with a call button. You will just need to click call and it should connect into the VMP.
- For Deakin staff and students, please join via Skype for Business (Lync) – if you have office installed you may already have Skype for business or Lync installed. You just need to look for it on the start menu. If you find it, you can log into skype using your Deakin email and password and then dial 36958.
- Could not log in? More info on how to connect is available HERE or HERE.
- From a mobile phone or landline: call +613 92517000, wait for the prompt, then enter the five digit VMP number (36958)
- Please note that connection is only available while a seminar is taking place.
As a courtesy, we request that when connecting to the seminar that you mute your microphone unless you are required to speak, this would ensure that the sound from the speaker to the audience is not disrupted by feedback from your microphone – thank you!