CIE Conference 2022 – mark your calendars – Thu 13 Oct & Fri 14 Oct 2022.
We are pleased to invite all CIE members to the 2022 CIE Conference
Registrations for the annual CIE Conference (Thursday 13 October to Friday 14 October 9am-4:30pm) and Thursday trivia (5pm-9pm) are now open – please fill in this form HERE.
Here are the conference details (see below for a basic program – a detailed one to be released soon):
- Day 1: Thursday 13 October 8:30am arrival for a 9am start, through to 4:30pm finish. Location: Deakin Downtown.
- Trivia: Thursday 13 October, 5pm start through to 9pm finish. Catering and drinks provided. With prizes! Location: The General Assembly, South Wharf Promenade (other side of the river, 10-minute walk).
- Day 2: Friday 14 October 8:30am arrival for a 9am start, through to 4:30pm finish. Location: Deakin Downtown.
We welcome all speed talks and poster applications:
- Speed talks are usually 5 minutes. We are offering a pre-recorded presentation option for interstate and overseas applicants only. We want you to come in-person!
- Posters will be presented over lunch, in colour A3, and on display throughout the conference
We are also receiving requests for longer talks, up to 15 minutes. Whilst we cannot guarantee that we will be able to host your talk due to time constraints, we’ll do our best to fit you in.
An important note about cut-off dates:
- The cut-off date to register to give a talk (in person and via recording) is October 7, 2022.
- The cut-off date to submit presentation recordings and posters is October 10th, 2022.
- Registrations for audience-only attendees will be open until October 10th, 2022. Please email us to register after this date; we’ll do our best to cater for you.
- These cut-off dates allow the organising committee to finalise the agenda, presentation schedule and printing, as well as catering for the conference. Please advise ASAP if you are no longer attending, or no longer wish to present.
Honours students are most welcome to apply to attend too, although priority will be given to PhD and CIE staff (postdocs, permanent staff, etc) first.
Please note that our Thursday trivia is capped at 50 people – best in, best dressed! Prizes will be on offer, with full catering provided.
For general enquires, and to submit recordings and posters, please email us here – email@example.com.
Weekly (Waurn Ponds) or fortnightly (Warrnambool and Burwood) research meetings are organised, covering a great variety of topics (to present and discuss hot scientific papers, draft manuscripts, draft presentations, relevant socio-economic issues, HDR and staff development, funding opportunities, etc.).
If you want to have more information on these meetings or if you want to join, please contact: